So you had a fabulous night out with your friends and drank your heart out. But now it’s Sunday morning and you have to get your life together, but you’re stuck in bed with a throbbing head and unbelievable nausea. What do you do now? Here are 7 easy steps you can take to cure the incurable – a hangover.
1. Avoid caffeine and embrace Vitamin B12. Caffeine just dehydrates you. Instead of drinking something that will make you feel worse, get some Vitamin B12 in you for a natural energy boost. You can find it in most meat products like beef, poultry, and egg. For you vegetarians out there, try some tofu!
2. Avoid citrus. Alcohol already messes with your stomach lining, don’t make it worse with citrus too.
3. WATER, WATER, WATER. You’ve heard it a million times, but it’s often the most forgotten. Don’t reach for coffee the morning after a great night out, reach for some simple H20.
4. Pop a pill or two. No, not the kind you are thinking. Take some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and you’re headache will disappear in no time.
5. Get brunch with your friends! It’s no fun being hungover alone. Instead, check out some of the top spots in Chicago for hungover food. As tempting as it may be to go for the greasy dishes, stay away from them! Greasy food is actually the opposite of what your body wants when you are hungover. It just gives you more to process and will make you sluggish. Stick to the fresh dishes and you’ll feel loads better.
6. Sleep it off. You can’t go wrong with sleep. It’s the best cure for everything. Curl up in your bed, put some Netflix on, and pass out.
7. And if all else fails, have another drink. There’s no science behind this actually working, but why turn down another drink in the morning if it makes you feel better, even for a little while?